Your Day-by-Day Adventure
- Arrival in Italian region of your choice by 3pm; airport or train station meeting point will be communicated prior to your arrival
- Transfer to beautiful, authentic lodgings
- Check-in: get settled and start to soak in the magic of the Italian countryside!
- Guided tasting of local wines to get acquainted with the tastes of the terroir
- Dinner featuring regional cuisine, including sommelier-led pairings: immerse yourself in the flavors and aromas of the week to come!
- Breakfast at the villa: sip your cappuccino while reminiscing about last night’s dinner. Prepare yourself for a wonderful day of tasting and exploring…
- Discussion of Italian lifestyle: get an introduction to the Slow Food movement, the importance of local produce and seasonal eating, the nuances of the terroir and its flavors, the rhythms that define the Italian way of living. Days of beauty, enjoyment, and enriching experiences are easier to have in the stunning Italian countryside. Allow our lifestyle expert to teach you how to start living like an Italian this week, and how to take a lifestyle souvenir back home to keep up the Italian attitude, no matter where you are!
- Enjoy a delicious lunch showcasing regional and local food: eating is one of the most important things for living like an Italian. There’s no better time to start than now, your first day in the sun-soaked landscape of this beautiful country!
- Afternoon visit to a local winery: enjoy a guided tasting, tour of the vineyards and cellar, dive into the process of winemaking, and connect the contents of your glass to the panorama of the landscape.
- Dinner: enjoy a drive through the surroundings countryside to a fantastic local restaurant where you will experience a delicious meal with special pairings. Use what you’ve learned today of the Mediterranean diet and local wine making techniques to uncover new flavors and new depth in your perception and your palate.
- Breakfast at the villa: did yesterday’s experiences at the vineyard change how you experienced the pairings at dinner? Reflect on what you’ve learned and what you’d like to explore at the winery visit tomorrow!
- Discuss the Mediterranean diet and nutrition with one of our experts: prime your mind and your senses for the upcoming culinary adventures, learn about eating seasonally and locally, the benefits of olive oil, traditional cooking techniques that allow the ingredients’ simple flavors to emerge without added salt or sugar! Explore the ways in which “diet” doesn’t have to be a four-letter word if you’re practicing the principles of the Mediterranean diet!
- Cooking lesson: put into practice what you learned during our Mediterranean diet conversation. Enjoy a four-course cooking lesson with a local chef, get a hands-on look at how to coax the best flavors out of the raw materials and make the most of seasonal produce. Then, of course, enjoy the fruits of your labor at lunch!
- Spend the afternoon taking a walk through the countryside, admiring the vineyards and planning how to recreate those delectable dishes at home!
- The evening brings us to a nearby village for dinner on your own (recommendations provided!) Enjoy the freedom of wandering around a lovely village, listening to the locals, and investigating the flavors that call to you after today’s cooking lesson.
- Breakfast at the villa
- Discussion about the wonderful world of Italian wine with an expert sommelier: learn about regional varieties of wine in Italy, how differences in the terroir create nuances in the glass, typical grape varieties, some of Italy’s most famous wines and much more
- Have a light lunch at the villa as you prepare to put all you’ve just learned about Italian wine into practice at this afternoon’s winery visit! How has your perception of wine and tasting changed since your first visit on Monday?
- Afternoon winery visit: enjoy a guided tour of where the wine is made and bottled, visiting the bottaia and other aging rooms. Apply what you learned during this morning to deepen your understanding of winemaking techniques and traditions.
- Enjoy a delicious dinner with traditional pairings to round out today’s wine appreciation discussions. Practice what you’ve learned about the Mediterranean diet and Italian wine in just the first few days to better understand and enjoy all the tastes and nuances on your plate and in your glass!
- Breakfast at the villa
- Visit a local craftsman linked to the centuries old traditions of the region (a ceramicist in Puglia, a leatherworker in Tuscany, an olive oil producer in Umbria, and more). Explore their studio, see them at work and learn about how they pass down their ancestors’ traditions, preserving their heritage. This once-in-a-lifetime opportunity allows for truly uncovering the daily life of the region (and is a wonderful place to shop for memories of your trip!)
- Lunch: enjoy a simple lunch on your own (recommendations provided). Shop for local, regional delicacies to bring the flavors of Italy home with you.
- Winery visit: meet with our expert sommelier, move through the landscape, the bottling room, and see the special stores of vintages! Unlock the secrets of the vineyard and taste the with newfound appreciation: your deepened understanding of wine-making allows you to expand on your ability to detect flavors and nuances in the glass.
- Transport to a local hillside town for a wonderful meal, including wine pairings by an expert sommelier!
- Breakfast at the villa
- Transport to a local village to enjoy free time wandering through picturesque village streets. Shop at local artisanal boutiques, explore beautiful churches, piazzas, and cafés! Stretch your legs, enjoy the fresh air, and build your appetite for tonight’s special treats!
- Lunch is on your own, but keep it light: tonight is our farewell dinner!
- Winery visit: wander through another gorgeous vineyard before heading back to the real world! Enjoy the sunny hills, the fragrant vines, the cool cellars, all rich with the secrets of the ancient craft of winemaking. Reflect on what you’ve learned and discuss your favorite new discoveries during a guided tasting with one of our wine experts.
- Dinner at the winery: enjoy a delicious multi-course meal expertly paired with local wines, discuss the interactions of flavors, identify the nuances of the terroir
- Breakfast at the villa: enjoy the expansive views over the countryside and the fresh Italian air… it might already be time to start planning your next trip to this magical country!
- Transfer to airport or train station by 1 pm: Arrivederci! We hope to see you again!
Depending on your travel plans, the order of events is subject to modification to best accommodate the schedule in the region of choice!